Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

v1.441: camping fixes, AGC CW threshold, audio FFT extension fixes, misc fixes

From the CHANGE_LOG file:

v1.441 March 15, 2021

Audio camping bug fixes:

URL redirect now respects URL camp parameter. More work needed for other cases.

Audio now plays on Safari.

Added separate CW AGC threshold control.

Typically a lower AGC threshold is required for very narrow passband settings to

avoid low sensitivity. Since narrow passbands are most often associated with the

CW/CWN modes it was decided to add a separate AGC threshold control active only in

those modes. The original threshold control applies to all other modes.

The two are stored in their own separate browser cookies.

Fixed bugs in the Audio FFT display (the one that appears in 8-channel mode when more

than two channels are busy, or if the URL "no_wf" parameter is given):

The LSB passband is drawn in the same place as the actual FTT output.

The FFT display bins were flipped to be correct (i.e. low vs high frequency).

Autoscale mode works better than before.

Disabled compression ("comp") button in DRM/SAS/QAM modes since it has no meaning

and effect in these modes.

Fixed shift-click in SWBC bands not selecting nearest 5 kHz boundary.

Fix long audio latency on browsers that display "Click to start OpenWebRX" overlay.

rz3dvpChrisSmolinskiPowernumptyHB9TMCnjcbenson

Comments

• Thanks! I just ran some tests here, and the camp parameter is being respected. Audio playback on Safari in camping mode also working as expected. For a moment I thought there was an issue with one of my KiwiSDRs, but then I checked and saw it was still on v1.440, not having updated yet due to being in use - by me using it overnight to decode SSTV on 14230 USB. 😀

This camping mode is really an excellent addition. My KiwiSDRs are often used by pirate radio listeners, and receivers can quickly fill up, especially on the weekends.

I also think it could be a "fun" addition in that more people may check out what others are listening to.

• Yes, the "camping" feature is great!

A thought: It seems that when the primary user disconnects the "campers" are cut off. Would it be possible for one of them (the first one?) to take over so as to avoid the interruption? I know the campers can choose to enter the queue and possibly avoid this so maybe I'm talking about "auto-queuing". Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about...

Perhaps you should hold off on any more updates until we all have a chance to play with this and come up with a list of demands polite requests.

Thanks again, John - totally awesome!

• Would it be possible for one of them (the first one?) to take over so as to avoid the interruption?

No. Thought about this. It's very difficult for many reasons.

Perhaps you should hold off on any more updates until we all have a chance to play with this and come up with a list of demands polite requests.

"Yeah, nah" as they say here in New Zealand. I am not taking requests. I am only working on stuff that amuses me. Between earning yearly profits on this project that are roughly 10 times lower than the U.S. "poverty line", and the recent Asian IP ripoff, I have no motivation to do otherwise.

• Understood. My comment was mainly "tongue-in-cheek" anyway. Thanks for everything you've done and continue to do with this project.