Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Missing SNR on DRM?

I just noticed that the SNR display on the DRM receiver is missing. That was one of the things I looked at most - it was interesting to me to see what threshold the DRM software needed to get a good decode, etc. Am I missing something?

Comments

• jksjks
    edited September 2020
    The SNR (bottom) display only first starts when there is a signal good enough to compute the (digital) SNR. Note that if you tune off-frequency from a DRM signal the SNR display stops updating once signal lock is lost (there is a lot of buffering causing a time delay).

The IF display always updates because it is just a measure of IF signal level.
  • Well, I was going to take a screenshot of what I was talking about, but Radio Mart? just went off the air and that was the signal I was testing with (it usually comes in very strongly). I'm just barely getting a signal from Radio France International on 3965 and when it does happen to come in strongly enough to start decoding, I DO see the IF and SNR. I don't know why I wasn't getting that with Radio Mart? earlier. Very odd...
  • I think at a minimum you have to be decoding FAC frames (FAC indicator green and not yellow or red). I might be wrong about that. And you certainly won't be getting any audio if any of the three FAC/SDC/MSC indicators are anything but all green (+/- buffering).
  • Well, whatever I thought was going on doesn't seem to be going on any more. I have received Radio Romania International and Radio Mart? both and every time they've shown the previously-missing line with IF and SNR. Maybe I was hallucinating? Heh... Thanks!