Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Pls help decipher the startup sequence

KiwiSDR work fine a couple of month, but today they lost.

After rebooting, it does not access the network, does not try to obtain an address, and is not available or ping at a previously configured address, but physically the LAN is normal.
I recorded a video showing the flashing sequence during the boot process.
Can we understand something from these LEDs?
What else can i do to restore access?

Comments

• That looks fine. The problem is that it takes 45 seconds or more before the Kiwi software begins showing its data on the Beagle LEDs. So your video is going to have to be a lot longer to be useful. Info about decoding the Kiwi LED data, assuming it is being shown, is here: http://kiwisdr.com/quickstart/index.html#id-leds

How do you know all these things? "does not access network, does not try to obtain an address" etc. Is this based on DHCP ip address assignment information from your router? How is the ip configured for your Kiwi? DHCP? Static? Is it using the proxy? Does it have public access setup? If so, what is the public ip or domain name so I can check the logs on kiwisdr.com for information.
  • jksjks
    edited September 2020
    It's possible your ISP hates you. Here is the last set of communications from your Kiwi to kiwisdr.com (I'm guessing at your Kiwi's name given your forum user name). Look at how quickly they started changing you public ip address beginning at 4/Sep 23:51 UTC. Like they're trying to eliminate incoming connections. You're using DDNS to combat this. But perhaps they gave up and just stopped all incoming connections. Maybe we should try the proxy service with this Kiwi?
    date/time                ip  action
    03/Sep/2020:15:02:16  *.120  public ip switched by ISP
    04/Sep/2020:08:57:49  *.120  Kiwi restart
    04/Sep/2020:11:16:21  *.223  public ip switched by ISP
    04/Sep/2020:15:17:22  *.223  Kiwi restart
    04/Sep/2020:23:51:55  *.100  public ip switched by ISP
    05/Sep/2020:00:22:23  *.144  public ip switched by ISP
    05/Sep/2020:00:52:55  *.246  public ip switched by ISP
    05/Sep/2020:01:38:37  *.108  public ip switched by ISP
    05/Sep/2020:01:53:53  *.130  public ip switched by ISP
    05/Sep/2020:02:39:07  *.219  public ip switched by ISP
    05/Sep/2020:03:39:21  *.219  LAST COMMUNICATION RECEIVED

• edited September 2020
    Thx for help.

My forum nickname is not associated with Kiwisdr
    Kiwisdr was on ua3ahm.ddns.net with public access. ISP gave a dynamic white address.
    SDR had an internal static address 192.168.1.200
    But now it does not ping. And on the port of the router, to which it is connected, there are no incoming packets.

I will record a longer video.
  • But in general, the video shows how the sequence ends. Then it blinks in the same mode.

This video shows what happens next.
  • No, but your forum account email address was enough for me to figure it out. This happens plenty of times when people complain about something, but then don't provide sufficient information in the first posting for me do anything without asking 20 questions first.
  • Video is private instead of unlisted. Can't watch it..
  • edited September 2020
    Sorry, video published now.

UTC 05/Sep/2020 03:39:21 time when SDR stopped responding
  • That LED pattern is the normal one displayed when Debian Linux is running. The double flash of the left LED is the Linux "heartbeat" pattern. If this pattern persists for more than 60 seconds after the Beagle is started then it means the Kiwi software did not start properly.

In the past this has occurred for several reasons. Mostly because of damaged filesystems due to power outages. The only way to know for sure is to login to Linux directly using ssh or PuTTY and look at the logs. Login as root using a password that is either your Kiwi's 4-digit serial number or the Kiwi admin password (unless you have already set a separate Linux root password).

It's often easier if you open the ssh port on your router so I can ssh into the Beagle and look around myself. But you have to know how to do this on your router.

BUT you also said the Kiwi did not even respond to a ping at the local, fixed .200 ip address. This is not good. Do you have both yellow and green LEDs lit on the Beagle Ethernet connector? Does the green one flash as you are sending it ping packets? It is possible the Ethernet is damaged on the Beagle. Have you had thunderstorms/lightning in you area in the past week?
  • KIWIsdr turned off when restarting by timer, there is an outlet that cuts off its power. So the lightning version is unlikely. Most likely something with the file system.
    Both yellow and green ethernet LEDs are on, green rarely flash. But dlink according to statistics accepts no packets from kiwisdr.
    It remains only to dismantle everything and stick it into USB?

I just coincided bought new BBB, try to install kiwisdr on it and have some troubles with this, need to create new topic?
    Am attaching console output. As I understand it, I need to free up space on mm?, but I don't know what exactly can be deleted.
    Can you help me?
  • KIWIsdr turned off when restarting by timer, there is an outlet that cuts off its power. So the lightning version is unlikely. Most likely something with the file system.
    Both yellow and green ethernet LEDs are on, green rarely flash. But dlink according to statistics accepts no packets from kiwisdr.

I just coincided bought new BBB, try to install kiwisdr on it and have some troubles with this, need to create new topic?
    Am attaching console output. As I understand it, I need to free up space on mm?, but I don't know what exactly can be deleted.
    Can you help me?

Can you help me?

Can you help me?
  • Something lucky me to make mistakes today.
    And there is no way to delete posts

Attachments:
    https://forum.kiwisdr.com/uploads/Uploader/d7/45efcbb974a4987a0a69a837808712.txt
  • Do not login using the user account "debian" and attempt a build of the Kiwi software. Always login as "root".

I don't know why your disk is full. According to df you have a 4GB Beagle. There should be plenty of free space. Here's mine after a full Kiwi install:
    /dev/mmcblk0p1   3690968 2702336    781428  78% /

Look for large log files in /var/log. Remove them then restart.

The problem is that now you have these half installed packages like Clang. I don't know what will happen if you free up space then try and reinstall the Kiwi software. The package installs might fail.

There is something else that isn't right. At the top of that attachment it says the Linux kernel is 4.9.78-ti-r94. But the Debian distro used by the Kiwi software uses kernel 4.9.78-ti-r25. Does that Beagle have the distro installed that has the full window system? If so that's why you have no free disk space. The Kiwi uses the console-only distro. What is contained in the /etc/debian_version and /etc/dogtag files?

You should really just re-flash that new Beagle from the recovery sd card supplied with your Kiwi and not use whatever Debian image was on it.
  • This is new Beagle and i don`t know how to detect the full window system. I can send ip:port for you to enter, If it doesn't strain.

/etc/debian_version

/etc/dogtag
    BeagleBoard.org Debian Image 2018-01-28

Recovery sd card lost in the Uglich swamps. Is any other method to recover?
    Can i download img to new sd card?
  • Yeah, so I logged in. It's running Debian 9 -- a COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED version. This is why I distribute a full distro on an sd card. It prevents these sorts of problems and prevents wasting my time. Already my entire morning has been lost to stuff like this.

Everyone seems to lose their sd cards. Making a new one involves a bit of pain. Instructions here: http://kiwisdr.com/quickstart/index.html#id-dload