14935KHz - MFSK 16 ?

Comments

• I would say it is an "older waveform" as much of the newer stuff sounds more like "noise"

• Hi Jim,

"I would say it is an "older waveform" as much of the newer stuff sounds more like "noise"

I agree - that's why it stood out to me among all the others - it's 'odd' for a utility station.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • Martin,
    I tried to demodulate using various modes in FLDIGI. I think MFSK128 was the closest match but it was not correct and did not demodulate. Of course it could be encrypted and all the output would be gibberish, which it was. Just by listening it seems like MFSK128.
    Ron
    KA7U
  • jksjks
    edited December 2017
    To me it sounded like there was more space "between" tones than any of the MFSKn modes. Could be verified with an FLDIGI waterfall I guess. So maybe it's this? https://www.sigidwiki.com/wiki/Serdolik

Note how that mode has a repeating pattern as an intro, or sync, sequence. Your attached image shows a repeating tone pattern even though the audio file doesn't seem to be repeating (to my ear anyway -- again verifiable with a waterfall).

• edited December 2017
    Hi All,

Serdolik sounds like a possibility.

Here's a longer recording including a section that does sound like an idling sequence or maybe RYRYRYRYRY :-) 

This may be the section that I took the screen grab from.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ