The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

Repository of dx.json

I would be happy to host a repository of dx.json files on a public/free access Dropbox site. Mail me your file at jim@jimlill.com renamed <your_callsign.json>

Files will be at 
M0TAZ

Comments

• sorry, but no submittals so far!
  • Should be at least 1 on the way :-)
  • edited October 2017
    I have, as an experiment, imported the dx,min.json and the waszkd.json files into the list of transmitters for propagation forecasts to the online receivers.

If google was able to determine a location from the comment field, you can click on the link to the list of KiwiSDRs that currently should have propagation to that transmitter. The propagation maps will be shown. You can then click on the SDR button to go to that receiver tuned to the frequency and mode.

Work in progress...

Edit: m0taz and dist.dx.json now added as well...

KA7UWA2ZKDM0TAZ
  • Being able to sort by Grid Square is very nice. The volume of information going there is a bit overwhelming, but with some use I find it is quite useful. Makes me think I should put more effort into improving my KiwiSDR performance. Hi Hi
    Ron Morell
    KA7U
  • Now imagine that your programs included a DX Cluster or VE7CC Cluster and the spots hot linked to list in probability order the web receivers. 

Don't listen to me, this sounds like to much effort.
    Ron Morell
    KA7U
  • > KA7U > Now imagine that your programs included a DX Cluster or VE7CC Cluster and the spots hot linked to list in probability order the web receivers. 

Don't listen to me, this sounds like to much effort.
    Ron Morell
    KA7U

Actually, I am planning on integrating this into the DX Monitor program, so it will be possible to click on a DX station and go straight to the list of receivers with propagation.

• What is the meaning of the final object in the dx,json file?  WL=1 or SB=1 (and m0taz.json XX=1 and NoN=1)

Since I am thinking of making the data editable, I may as well add the option to save the list as a json file.

• Guys, don't get too hung up on the format of the dx.json file. It's all subject to change when the label code gets rewritten. The last element is a list of options. Right now that mostly means what colors are used for the label. See the variables "types_s" and "type_colors" in openwebrx.js See also the code in dx.c that does the read/write of dx.json on the server side.

The meanings are:
    (none) cyan "active", i.e. station that has been heard on this Kiwi
    WL red watchlist, station that has not been heard on this Kiwi
    SB green sub-band, e.g. WSPR
    DG lav. DGPS
    NoN violet not currently used
    XX violet interference
    PB n/a has custom passband, not currently used
    o n/a carrier offset (Hz) for NDB beacons

• I updated my file here
  • also welcome to be uploaded are things like user setups for SpecLab etc.

• a place for dx.json... I'll upload the latest this evening
  • I moved the newest wa2zkd into dropbox
  • Anyone got a link on how to swap files? Like if I want to try one (I'm sure I can scp the file over) where do I place it, what config file do I edit? Or how do I restart services so that it uses the right file etc?
  • edited August 2018
    I use WinSCP, connect to the KiWi and simply swap dx.json files between my desktop pc and the KiWi as required.

That's all that is required, just refresh your browser session to see the new entries.

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • admin has a console command that allows you to explore the file structure from the webpage. dx.json is in /root/kiwi.config
  • ahh its just in the root dir.. I thought maybe I could just copy a bunch of different configs in there and just edit a config file to pick which one to load and restart the software like most programs it would be located in /etc Thanks I'll check it out.
  • Hello!
    So is possible to share between users the dx.json? is it a editable database? can I merge different files dx.json?
    It would be great to work on a big file with thousand frequencies.
    Regards,
    Giulio IZ3EAW
  • The current implementation is not suitable for large-scale use, i.e. more than a few hundred entries, easy bulk editing, sharing (upload/download). It's really only for the Kiwi owner to add/edit a relatively small number of entries via the main user interface.

It is possible to edit or replace the JSON file that stores the information (/root/kiwi.config/dx.json). But if you make a mistake you have to look at the Kiwi log which will try to give you some information about where you made a mistake with the JSON syntax.
  • I added my current dx.json here https://www.dropbox.com/s/envtq0zl33t3bas/dx.zkd_apr2019?dl=0
    it may be relevant for other northeast US kiwi and a better starting point that the one that comes with a kiwi
  • The offer is still open for you to mail me your own file for placement in dropbox, see top post in this thread
  • BTW. You can download stuff directly from that dropbox repository. From the admin page, connect via the console tab and run the following commands:

cd /root/kiwi.config
    wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/envtq0zl33t3bas/dx.zkd_apr2019?dl=0
    mv dx.zkd_apr2019\?dl\=0 dx.zkd

you will then have your original dx.json and the dx.zkd file in the same sub-dir
  • Hi, I have made a number of dx.json files with meaningful names, am I able to specify one of these files as part of my browser launch string as you would when setting a whole range of other screen layouts
    Cheers..
  • No because the file applies to the entire server, not your single user connection.