The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

Unidentified Signals

Hi All,

I've recently been hearing some USB voice signals on frequencies between approximately 10928KHz and 10945KHz.

Spot frequencies are:-

10928KHz
10931KHz
10934.5KHz
10940KHz - most popular
10942KHz

I can't identify the language being used but (to me) it sounds similar to Chinese. 

Some of the conversations are very one sided with one person speaking practically non-stop for 20 minutes or more.

I'm thinking that it could perhaps be Indonesian village radio or something similar ?

Has anyone else heard this ?

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

Comments

• I can also hear them fairly weakly on some of the Australian and New Zealand KiWi SDR's

10964KHz seems to be another active frequency this afternoon 13:30 UTC 

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ
  • Martin,
    I have yet to hear the SSB signals there, but will continue to listen from time to time. The screenshot below shows the activity in the vicinity while I listened there. Some random digital signals that seemed to be moving up and down the frequency.
    Ron - KA7U

Attachments:
    https://forum.kiwisdr.com/uploads/Uploader/c7/917b0dd7cac844617619951610b8ec.png
  • Martin,
    I'm hearing USB this morning @3:25 UTC. Very weak, and what I think are Western Pacific, South East Asian language, but don't know. The signals are not right on frequency but off 200 to 500 Hz.
    Ron 
  • Hi Ron,

They are quite weak with me too.

Not sure about the frequency offset, could it be due to the different tonal range of the language in use ?

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

• Martin,
    Yes it could be due to the tonal range. Not speaking the language, I'm adjusting by ear and trying to find what sounds best.
    Ron - KA7U