Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

MY Kiwi got a big problem .

i am not aiwable to connet my kiwi anymore over the lan network . i think there was a crash in the unit . tryed to boot it again on the supported software on tes sd card it look fine led lamps does running across and after 4-5 minutes it shut down like the manual .

lhe lan network lams on the connector flashing when i inset the lan connector to the internet . but it is not possible to log in on it anymore . and admin login does not work eather. What went wrong an how can i get it to work again ???????

Best 73 de OZ1KVB Erik

problem solved. thanks to all.

Hi my problem is repaird i managed to get one fro a near by linux group to make me a flashable

debian 10 on an 16 gb sd card . and installed it an update it now on air again an can be seen on kiwi sdrmap

in south denmark .

Thanks fo your answer .

A happy kiwi sdr user .OZ1KVB Erik

Comments

• jksjks
    edited April 2023

Hello Erik. You must use a different procedure now. It is not possible to use the sd card supplied with the Kiwi to re-flash the Beagle. This is because of changes at debian.org

You must download a new, different image (Debian 10) onto the sd card and then re-flash. Please follow the instructions here: http://kiwisdr.com/quickstart/#id-net-reflash

• John, would you recommend overwriting the original supplied SD card with this new (Debian 10) image?

• You might as well because the original image is now useless. In the past I always advised against this so you always had a known good (hopefully) backup.

• What condition is an sd card in, that was made with the Debian 8 / Kiwisdr backup command? Can it be restored and the KIwi caught up from there. I tried to make a backup tonight and at 25% complete got the disconnect error. My last backup was 1.562 in Oct, 2022.

Mike N8OOU

• jksjks
    edited April 2023

So there is definitely a problem if you attempt a backup with autoruns running. I'm fixing that now. Workaround: stop them manually before doing a backup.

As for restoring from a backup containing an older Kiwi version: It's not completely clear what build problems the damaged debian.org repos can cause. It is known that builds before the HFDL release (v1.472) will fail. This is why the factory sd card (v1.2) is now useless.

A backup card you make now going forward on Debian 8 should be okay because I for sure won't be adding anything new that requires a new Debian repo to be pulled in.

• Hi my problem is repaird i managed to get one fro a near by linux group to make me a flashable

debian 10 on an 16 gb sd card . and installed it an update it now on air again an can be seen on kiwi sdrmap

in south denmark .

Thanks fo your answer .

A happy kiwi sdr user .OZ1KVB Erik

• @ERIK_OZ1KVB Sorry for the trouble. But glad you have it working again. You should be able to make backups with Debian 10. I just tested this to make sure it still works.

@n8oou v1.600 allows backups to work when autoruns are configured.

• JKS, Thank you for the explanation. I stopped the wspr autorun I had set up even though the KIWI had updated to v1.600. The backup completed successfully.

Mike N8OOU.