The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

Web interface crashes in 8 channels mode since the v1.561 update [fixed in v1.562]

edited September 2022 in Problems Now Fixed

Hi all. Since the v1.561 update my Kiwi's web interface crashes. Waterfall, control buttons, texts al dissapearing. No problem when running in 4 CH mode. But crashes again when switch back to 8 CH. And an another problem: my kiwi doesen't appear on rx.linkfanel.net since March while the admin page tells "rx.kiwisdr.com registration: successful". (My Kiwi's IP is 80.99.67.155)

Comments

• jksjks
    edited September 2022

Anyone else? 8-channel mode works fine for me. Nothing about that changed in the latest release.

Re rx.kiwisdr.com: your Kiwi is misconfigured. On the admin page, "connect" tab, you have "DUC domain" set in the menu at the top of the page. But DNS does not resolve for the ddns.net domain you have configured. If you want to use an ip address use the last two entries "public ip" or "specified ip".

• I not using DDNS anymore, I use DuckDNS since 2 years. But I deleted now everything from the DUC config on the Connect page.

The 8 channels error is after 10-20 minutes of operation.

• I not using DDNS anymore, I use DuckDNS since 2 years.

Doesn't matter. When you have "DUC Domain" selected in the menu rx.kiwisdr.com will attempt to register your Kiwi using the information from the DUC configuration section. In your case fehervarsdr.ddns.netIt seems to be working with fsdr.duckdns.org now.

That's a very important clue that should have been mentioned initially.

• edited September 2022

Thanks, the public problem is solved :)

I observed this since my post. :/

• Well, I owe you a BIG apology. There is indeed a bug in v1.561 with 8-channel mode.

It only happens when you try and use channels 3-8 that display an audio FFT instead of the full waterfall. A small change was made to accommodate the new pre-record time menu. And unfortunately that change had an unexpected side effect that went all the way to the audio FFT display initialization code. Difficult to believe, but there it is.

Again, apologies for this. Fix coming soon..

• Thanks the quick fix, now works like a charm!