Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Setting up the Debian 10 Image on a BBG without the KiwiSDR Board

Hello,

I ordered a BBG and the KiwiSDR board. I received the BBG, but the KiwiSDR board is still on backorder and won't be here for several more weeks. But, in anticipation of receiving the board, I would like to get things set up, so I imaged the BBG with the Debian 10 KiwiSDR image, and rebooted. I can ssh into the BBG just fine, and it is seemingly operating normally; however, no matter what, I cannot get to the web interface admin page (LocalIP:8073/admin). I get the "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error.

I can see that the kiwid.service is running:

root@kiwisdr:/home/debian# systemctl list-units --type=service --state=running

UNIT                       LOAD  ACTIVE SUB    DESCRIPTION                                       

avahi-daemon.service       loaded active running Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack                           

connman.service            loaded active running Connection service                                

cron.service               loaded active running Regular background program processing daemon      

dbus.service               loaded active running D-Bus System Message Bus                          

dnsmasq.service            loaded active running dnsmasq - A lightweight DHCP and caching DNS server

getty@tty1.service         loaded active running Getty on tty1                                     

haveged.service            loaded active running Entropy daemon using the HAVEGE algorithm         

kiwid.service              loaded active running kiwi daemon                                       

rsyslog.service            loaded active running System Logging Service                            

serial-getty@ttyGS0.service loaded active running Serial Getty on ttyGS0                            

serial-getty@ttyS0.service loaded active running Serial Getty on ttyS0                             

ssh.service                loaded active running OpenBSD Secure Shell server                       

systemd-journald.service   loaded active running Journal Service                                   

systemd-logind.service     loaded active running Login Service                                     

systemd-timesyncd.service  loaded active running Network Time Synchronization                      

systemd-udevd.service      loaded active running udev Kernel Device Manager                        

user@1000.service          loaded active running User Manager for UID 1000                         

wpa_supplicant.service     loaded active running WPA supplicant        

But, I'm wondering if I won't be able to do any config via the web interface until the actual KiwiSDR board arrives and is connected to the BBG. Is the KiwiSDR board required to actually configure and run the web interface (LocalIP:8073/admin)?

Perhaps I just need to be patient until the board gets here. 🙂

Thanks!

Comments