The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

pub0.kiwisdr.com & pub1.kiwisdr.com

Hi, when KiwiSDR receiver opens in browser, it generates requests to pub0.kiwisdr.com and pub1.kiwisdr.com to xdLocalStorage.php. It doesn't matter KiwiSDR is public or private. What does this requests do?

Comments

• Perhaps that is a Fast Reverse Proxy connection which allows remote access to your Kiwi and for John to log on to your Kiwis.

I am adding that as a configurable option in wsprdaemon.

• These are from a recent attempt to make a "user preferences" function work. They are required by xdLocalStorage. I tried again about 6 months ago with xdLocalStorage. More recent browser security changes mean the scheme had to be changed once again compared to work that was done some years ago. It quickly got complicated, so I had to set the work aside for the moment.

For those that don't know, user preferences would be an extension that allows you, an ordinary Kiwi user (not owner/admin), to do things like: Setting the default cw passband set to 270 Hz and have that apply to every single Kiwi you ever visit from that point onward. Or the same with keyboard shortcut bindings. Or just about any other user interface customization that could be easily added.

That, plus a real mobile user interface, are the two major missing elements of the software (besides adding an extension to decode your favorite modulation waveform).

rz3dvpPowernumptynjc