DRM Journaline Application

Both the BBCWS and All India Radio carry the Journaline text/message service as a separate channel but the DRM extension doesn't decode the data when you click on the channel. The Help button indicates that Journaline is part of the build but I might be misinterpreting the information.

Comments

• Hi Kevin. Yes, I looked briefly at what it would take to make the Journaline data (and other e.g. slideshow) visible on the Kiwi user interface. But it wasn't going to be straightforward so never got implemented. After the huge amount of effort getting Kiwi DRM working, and then more effort with xE-AAC, I took a break. And then got distracted by the many other pending Kiwi issues.

There is actually a slight Easter egg with the DRM code. If you tune to RFI and let it sit for a while you might note that three .jpg files will eventually appear in the Kiwi source directory on the Beagle (/root/Beagle_SDR_GPS). I forget what data transport mechanism these are from without looking it up. The images appear in one of the Dream windows.
  • Thanks for the update and I completely understand your position. I for one am very grateful for the hours you spent getting xHE-AAC to work.
    I don't have a KiwiSDR myself but use the worldwide network. The RFI broadcast you mention (the special for the Transat race?) used the MOT Broadcast Website protocol rather than the MOT Slideshow and DReaM will store any images received that way in the multimedia folder. I've read that the DReaM issue with the slideshow is to do with the Qt library routines not 'processing' jPEG files but I really don't know.