Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

KiwiSDR not responding

My KiwiSDR isn't responding to IP calls (http or ping). After restarting the device, and even restoring the firmware, it appears to be getting an IP address according to my router. The blue light on the far left of the device is flashing twice in quick succession.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• jksjks
    edited April 2020
    Has it ever worked properly in the past? How old is this unit? Any idea if it's gone through any software updates successfully?

The double-flash of the LED closest to the PCB edge means Linux is running, but the Kiwi server didn't start. Although note: it take one minute after a restart, and the double-flashing, for the Kiwi server to get going and begin showing it's own LED pattern as described on kiwisdr.com

It's possible the file system has become damaged by a sudden power down at a bad time (e.g. in the middle of a filesystem write) and now it's unable to start the server. We've seen this before. Although a re-flash from the backup sd card should cure this problem.

It would really help if port 22 (ssh) could be opened on your router and mapped to the Kiwi so we could login and check it. If you can manage this please email your public ip address and the Kiwi serial number (written on top of Kiwi PCB in white silkscreen box) to support@kiwisdr.com
  • I got it just a few weeks ago (S/N 4479) and it's been working flawlessly. I did power it down (perhaps not the proper way) as a thunderstorm was rolling in so that may have angered it (I am familiar with angry Linux boxes).

I'll follow up with you on the support email address. Thank you! 73.