Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Can't access ADMIN page [DHCP server not responding during Kiwi start]

edited November 2019 in Problems and Issues
I got my Kiwi running again after some time disconnected . The issue is, that I can no longer access the admin page. The response when I type in the url is:

© bluebison.netNo admin password set. Can only connect from same local network as Kiwi.
Client ip = 192.168.1.103

I'm logged into my home router, as is the Kiwi. This USED to work and I'm hoping that something when I first had this one line didn't hose me now that it's running again (with a new IP address, etc)

Thanks for any help John
PS Radio is at mykiwisdr.hopto.org:8073

Comments

• Does the admin link from http://my.kiwisdr.com/ work?
  • YES! Thanks!

I set an admin pw to help simplify access (I hope)
  • jksjks
    edited November 2019
    Short answer: Weirdness with your network. I rebooted the Kiwi and everything is fine.

Longer answer: I found your Kiwi with a detected local address of 169.254.xxx.xxx This is no good as it is a self-assigned ip address which occurs in the absence of any ip assignment by a DHCP server. So the Kiwi was restarted during a time when your router was not running. Later, your router was running and that's why you could make connections from the outside (or a local non-admin connection). But password-less local network admin logins failed because there could never be a local network match.
  • that kind of makes sense to me I'll parse your answer carefully and think about it some. Thank you!
  • jksjks
    edited November 2019
    It's been on the to-do list for a long time that the Kiwi retries getting a DHCP assignment if "necessary". But this sort of thing has a lot of corner cases, is difficult to test and is a deployment nightmare if it causes people with unanticipated network situation a problems once released. So it sits on the list..