RPi browsers?

Finally had a go with the RPi I bought last year. Took a while (including a couple of c*ck ups), but I got it going with the Kiwi. A couple more c*ck ups & I had pulseaudio on it & Chromium feeding JTDX. FB!

But then I made a mistake - during one of the recent Kiwi updates during the GPS fun & games, I figured I should make a back up of the RPi's SD card. I'm sure all I did was make a copy of it. But when I fired the RPi back up again, instead of the surprisingly (based on my experience so far with browsers on XP) rock-steady audio sample rate close to 44.1k, it was bouncing all over around 22-26k. I haven't gone to look at a recording of what's being presented, but it must be a bit of a dog's breakfast as JTDX decodes nothing anymore.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I've also managed to get kiwirecorder.py working on the RPi, but am a bit hesitant to start mucking about trying to get kiwisound.py going... once I totally hosed the RPi after setting (I thought) some audio sinks for pulseaudio. Streaming audio seems better than constantly writing/deleting recorded files to the SD card, so if anyone has done this on a RPi I'd love to hear how you did it.

Mahalo.

73, KB7G/KH6.