Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Black waterfall [somehow external ADC clock mode set]

edited July 2019 in Problems and Issues
Hi folks, I am still working on setting my KiwiSDR up. I had to power it down for short period.
When I powered it back up it now has a black waterfall I have played with all the controls but no change.
Not sure here to go from here.
Regards
Sturt Vk5ade

Comments

• Sturt, do you have audio? Have you refreshed the browser? Have you pulled the power plug on the kiwiSDR and plugged it back in for a hard restart? Which browser are you using? Is the KiwiSDR visible on the network?
    Ron
    KA7U
  • Hi Ron, Thanks for your help,
    No audio, I have done a refresh, Chrome, yes visable on the web site.
    Stuart
  • Can you put your Kiwi online again so I can look at it? It appears to have been down for 3+ hours or so.
  • I have put the Kiwi back on.
    It was very late last night 1.00 am when I posted to this forum.'
    Stuart
  • On the admin page "config" tab the "External ADC clock?" switch was set to "Yes". I changed it to "No" (the default) and your Kiwi started working. Do you really have an external clock attached?

My guess is that you never actually changed it. We've seen another case where the switch value had mysteriously changed to "Yes" causing the Kiwi to go silent and dark. So there is probably a bug in the software someplace.
  • Hi Jks, sorry I have been away from home all day back now.
    I changed the External ADC clock to no ad initially I had a waterfall and audio
    but when I changed frequency the waterfall dropped off again.
    I will be home now all afternoon and evening.
    Stuart
  • Hi Jks, I had more of a play with the waterfall and it looks ok to me now if you want to check it.
    Also I tried to add a image to the web page but could not get it to fit into the page correctly only have way.
    I am not really into computers and not sure how to fit the image in to the correct size.
    Stuart
  • The Kiwi shows the image you supply at its native width and height subject to the height being clipped by the "Photo maximum height" parameter on the webpage tab of the admin page. Also on that page is an option to include a 50 pixel left margin (or not).

If you want your image to have greater width you have a couple of options. Use some image processing software to increase the width/height proportionally or keep the height and just stretch the width which will cause some distortion. For many outdoor landscape images (like yours) a little width/height distortion is not objectionable.
  • Hi jks, I have had a play with the image can you please have a look to see if it looks OK.
    Stuart Vk5ade
  • Yes, looks fine now.
  • Thanks