The KiwiSDR 2 online store is open for orders! Please visit kiwisdr.nz

“Comp” button.

Please, add setup which will forbid switch-off of the “Comp” button (audio -> Comp) to the admin interface. It is important at a low speed of the Internet in KiwiSDR installation site. Many users disconnect "Comp" and a traffic strongly grows in a mobile network. It is possible to add additional setup that switching off of this button was according to the password. And surely to save the existing operation mode in case of the good Internet. Sorry for my english. Thank you.

Comments

• i agree with "loststation".
    please add a button within the Admin settings to prevent the Kiwi user from disabling audio compression from the Kiwi "Audio" button on their browser.
    this will significantly achieve bandwidth savings for those of us on slower/restricted internet connections.
    i understand audio compression is disabled if the user chooses I/Q but at the very least, there will be bandwidth savings for the remainder of the Kiwi demodulators as the majority of users dont typically use I/Q for extended periods of time.
    also, it may be a good idea to have "NB" (noise blanker) enabled by default, set at 100uS & 50% since its not currently enabled by default for a "fresh" Kiwi visitor.
    i have found the settings for NB when it is enabled at these settings, to function extremely well at further reducing RFI.
    thanks