Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Record and Mute buttons not labelled for blind users

I was just informed by a blind friend of mine who's been testing my Kiwi that there is no way for him to identify those two buttons. We did some guesswork based on his screen reader and found that the two buttons were the ones without visible (to him) labels. He knows where they are now, but it would be nice to have them labelled since there are many visually impaired DX-ers around. And of course because universal design should always have focus.

Comments

• TJ just tested another screen reader and had no problems finding the functions there, so perhaps it's not the program's fault anyway.
  • jksjks
    edited September 2018
    When you say "labeled" are you including (or does the screen reader include) the tooltip popups those two icons display when they are moused-over? Also, there are keyboard shortcuts for both of those functions. I'd like to understand more about what these screen readers need to be effective.
  • The screen readers do not see the tooltip popups. I'll ask TJ if he can make a description of screen readers and what they see/don't see.