Second build sold out. Message will appear here when store is ready for third build ordering.

Using TDoA KiWi map instead of SDR.hu etc.

Just an idle thought.

I've realised that I'm now using the KiWi TDoA map to select other KiWi's for general listening instead of resorting to SDR.hu and other external websites, as I would have done previously.

I wonder if it's worthwhile 'formalising' this feature in someway, so that it's part of the main KiWi GUI ?

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

Comments

• Yes, why not? Although I'm not sure whether it should be a main element, another extension, or what, because of code re-use concerns.

Since most of the functionality is already there, I imagine there could be this embedded feature to browse the KiwiSDR network. Also you could want features like zooming in on the current KiwiSDR's location to suggest relevant alternatives, and, theoretically, probing and displaying the signal strength for the current tuning parameters on the other receivers, to suggest those where the current signal would sound better.
  • That's why I find I'm using use the TDoA map, it's easy to double click and bring up a number of KiWi's in fresh tabs, then just close the ones that are no good.
  • jksjks
    edited July 2018
    I think the bug/wish list has always had the idea for a "world map" extension with the day/night overlay etc. That was back in the days before I understood how to get a Google map to display. If this is done it should probably be on the same UI level (i.e. ease of switching to/from) as the spectrum display as opposed to being an extension you have to call up.