3 Day Review
I have had my system on the air since Thursday evening. I had a BO with Seeed and got one of the latest batch. Here are a few observations and thoughts.
- FedEx was pretty quick with delivery from China, < week.
- Assembly of the kit was easy other than the tedious fumbling with the nylon standoffs with their metric thread
- System booted up and ran flawlessly, first try. I used a 4A supply from an Odroid I had.
- Being close to several AM BC stations, I have a HPF on the feed to stop OV. I'll replace it with notch filters soon.
- I put a 50 ohm load on the antenna and things looked clean, my interference comes in through the antenna I am guessing. Likely some 60 Hz hum via a conducted path, TBD
- I put the unit in a partial Faraday cage, not sure if it helps. (see pix below)
- will be adding more ferrite and a different PS this week